TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Access to the Site and Changes
1. This web site (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Ethien Limited ("Ethien”, we” or “us”). Ethien is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 9581535) whose registered office address is Aldbury House, Dower Mews, 108 High Street, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 2BL and whose principal place of business is at Walsingham House, 35 Seething Lane, London, EC3N 4AH. Our VAT number is 214 6728 12.
2. These terms and conditions of use (the “Site Terms”) set out the terms on which you may make use of this Site. Use of this Site includes accessing, browsing, commenting or registering to use this Site. Your use of any part of this Site constitutes your acceptance of these Site Terms, from the date on which you first use this Site. If you do not agree with these Site Terms, you should not use this Site.
3. We may revise these Site Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
4. We may update this Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on this Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information and materials on this Site are correct, no warranty or representation, express or implied, is given that they are complete, accurate, up-to-date, fit for a particular purpose and, to the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions.
5. The content on this Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this Site.
6. This Site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that this Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to this Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of this Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may also impose restrictions on the length and manner of usage of any part of this Site for any reason. If we impose restrictions on you personally, you must not attempt to use this Site under any other name or user.
7. You are responsible for all access to this Site through your Internet connection and for bringing these Site Terms to the attention of any person to whom you give access. We do not warrant that this Site will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use.
Intellectual Property rights
8. Ethien are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Site, any information data, text, drawings, artwork, pictures, photographs, images, graphics and materials (together “Materials“) published on this Site, and the design, layout, look and appearance of this Site. These works are protected by copyright and other laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
9. The Ethien name and logo, and all other names, logos, design marks and slogans appearing on this Site are the intellectual property and/or the registered trademarks or service marks of us or our licensors, and may not be reproduced under any circumstances without express permission in writing from Ethien or the respective licensor.
10. Otherwise than as specifically set out below, the information and content on this Site must in no circumstances be copied, reproduced or redistributed in whole or in part. You may download or print copies of the pages of and documentation contained on this Site for your own internal personal and private use only, provided that you do not change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
11. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
12. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on this Site must always be acknowledged.
13. You must not use any part of the content on this Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
14. You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these Site Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of this Site;
- any equipment or network on which this Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of this Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Restrictions on Use, Linking to this Site and Your Liability
15. You shall not in any way use this Site or submit to us or to this Site or to any user of this Site anything which in any respect:
- breaches any law, statute, regulation or byelaw of any jurisdiction;
- is fraudulent, criminal or unlawful;
- may be obscene, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, derogatory, harmful, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, malicious, abusive, hateful, menacing, defamatory, untrue or political;
- impersonates any other person or body or misrepresents a relationship with any other person or body or may infringe or breach the copyright or any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trade mark rights and broadcasting rights) or privacy or other rights of us or any third party;
- may be contrary to our interests;
- involves the use, delivery or transmission of any viruses, unsolicited emails, trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
16. You hereby grant to us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, assignable, sub-licensable licence to use any material which you submit to us or this Site for the purpose of use on this Site or for generally marketing (by any means and in any media) our services. You agree that you waive your moral rights to be identified as the author and we may modify your submission.
17. The views and comments on content accessible from this Site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of us or any of our officers or employees. We will not be responsible or liable for any material, information or data supplied by anyone other than Ethien and accessible from this Site.
18. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to this Site in any website that is not owned by you. This Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
19. If you wish to make any use of content on this Site other than that set out above, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
20. If you print off, copy or download any part of this Site or link to it in breach of these Site Terms, your right to use this Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
21. You shall fully and promptly indemnify us against all damages, proceedings, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, charges, costs and expenses which we may suffer or incur as a result (direct or indirect) of any breach by you of any obligation or restriction imposed on you under these Site Terms.
22. Nothing in these Site Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or our liability for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
23. To the extent permitted by law, and subject to paragraph 22 above, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
24. Except as mentioned in paragraph 22 above, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, in relation to:
- your use of, or inability to use, this Site;
- your use of or reliance on any content displayed on this Site or accessible from it; or
- from any action or decision taken by you as a result of using this Site or any content displayed on it.
Please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- loss of, damage to or corruption of, data or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage;whether or not such losses were reasonably foreseeable or we had been advised of the possibility of you incurring such losses.
25. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to or use of this Site or to your downloading of any content from it, or on any website linked to it. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access this Site. You should use your own virus protection software. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties.
26. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on this Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
27. The limitations on our liability set out above shall not apply to services that we provide for a specific client (which shall be governed by separate contractual terms).
Third Party Websites
28. Where this Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. We do not provide any endorsement or recommendation of any third party site to which this Site provides a link.
29. In the event that any of these Site Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any jurisdiction in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted and the remaining Site Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
English law and Jurisdiction
30. These Site Terms, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims arising from your access to and/or use of this Site) are governed by English law. We both agree to submit the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you have any questions, please get in touch